Leading US Food & Beverage Manufacturing Company Saves $2M Annually
A leading global food and beverage company needed to provide a portal to Human Resources tools to more efficiently serve 40,000 disconnected employees in their manufacturing and distribution facilities.
They implemented an 800-unit kiosk deployment within 650 U.S. facilities to provide automated, independent access to a full complement of HR services.
Company has realized tangible savings between $400K – $1.4M+ annually from their self-service initiative, empowering independent management within their entire work force and significantly improving the strategic value of their HR team resources.
Project Background and Deployment Goals
This company (proprietary) is a global conglomerate with interests in manufacturing, marketing, and selling a wide variety of beverages, snack and other foods. Due to the nature of their business, a full 80% of their workforce is “disconnected” from a dedicated computer, requiring significant Human Resources administration support resources. Specifically, they required up to 100 HR Administrators to handle all the forms, mailings, internal job applications, and in-person requests for these 40,000 staff members. The company developed a team of IT and HR professionals to incorporate kiosks into their HRMS payroll system. Among many other project objectives, they sought to leverage the benefits of their established web-based HR portal and extend the reach of this tool to 100% of their workforce. Applications they
sought to implement on the kiosk included:
- Compensation Record Access – Pay stub printing, direct deposit management, check / wage history, tax withholding, payment modeling.
- Employee Profile Management – Competencies, certifications / licenses, education, emergency & dependent data, etc
- Benefits Management – Summary and enrollment data, 401K elections, spending account records, stock options, and overall account management.
- Company Communications – On-line postings of key organization data, directories, policies, and electronic employee newsletters
- Career Development / Internal Job Application – On-line management tool for processing 30K internal applications annually and access to full career management center